It’s simple — you will not see success on the HCG diet unless you follow a strict regimen of HCG diet meals.There’s no way around it. Regular treatments are just one part of the equation, but they will not work without following the correct meal plan.
The HCG diet consists of three main stages, and specific types of meals are needed at each stage in order for your body to adapt to the HCG treatments. I’ll go over a bit about what happens at each stage, and the types of meals required in each.
HCG Diet Stages – An Overview
Here are the three main stages of the HCG diet, and the corresponding types of meals to be consumed in each.
- Loading Stage: 2 days of eating food high in fat and carbohydrates.
- Filling your body with foods high in fat at carbs right when you begin HCG treatments will help your body adapt to the effects of the treatment.
- Burning stage: A full 26 to 40 days of a 500-calorie diet, length of time depends on your weight loss goals.
- During this stage you will continue with HCG treatments while on what’s called the VLCD (very low calorie diet).
- Maintenance Stage: 3 weeks of following a diet free of starch, sugar or processed foods.
- In order to help maintain the weight loss achieved by the HCG diet, a 3 week maintenance stage is required where you will eat no starch, sugar or processed foods..
HCG Diet Stages – In Detail
Now that you’re at least acquainted with the various stages of the HCG diet, I will go over them in more detail.
This is guaranteed to be the most fun you’ll have on the HCG diet — aside from seeing the results at the end of course. A full two days of eating the high-fat, high-calorie, and high-carb foods you will be eliminating. Does this sound like a crazy way to start a diet? You bet! But it’s also 100% necessary in order for the diet to work.
Before entering into this stage, you should have a goal in mind of the amount of weight you wish to loose on the HCG diet. This will help guide how long the burning stage lasts. At minimum, the burning stage needs to last for at least 21 days, and no longer than 42 days. It is not uncommon for people to lose upwards of a pound per day on the HCG diet, so keep that in mind when deciding how long to stay in the burning stage. Most men lose an average of a pound a day and women a half a pound a day.
During this stage you will not have nearly the freedom as in the loading stage. In this stage you will have to strictly follow a plan of HCG diet meals in order for the whole thing to be successful. For more information about HCG diet meals, see the section below.
HCG Diet Meals: A Sample Menu
Breakfast: As much tea or coffee as you’d like. No milk or sugar.
Lunch/Dinner: You can choose one of each of the following, up to twice per day. Once for lunch, and once for dinner.
100 grams or 3.5 ounces (weighed raw) of one of the following meats:
- Chicken breast
- Fresh white fish (non fatty)
One serving of one of the following vegetables:
- Green salad
- Red radishes
One of the following fruits:
- A handful of strawberries
- Half a grapefruit
Drinks and Seasonings allowed with HCG Diet Meals:
- Plain water
- Mustard powder
- Garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, etc…
- Herbs and spices – beware of mixes that contain gluten, MSG or other additives
A maintenance stage is needed in order for your body to adapt to eating other types of food. For the three weeks following the burning stage, you must refrain from eating any starches or sugars.
Your body needs this time to stabilize, after which you will have concluded the HCG diet and you can enjoy your results. Congratulations!
For more information about the HCG diet, please see our HCG diet for weight loss solutions.